Thursday, September 9, 2010

Special Request

Chocolate Cake

Five days have passed since hubby sprained his left foot during a late night Tennis game. He now got a major reason why he should work at home.

At one time he asked if I could bake his favorite chocolate cake for him. I surely agreed with him right away. As I missed eating that thing too. That reminds me, it has been awhile that I haven't made those homemade stuffs for my guinea pig. (^_^)

This recipe was "Perfectly Chocolatey" as described at the back of Hersheys container. So here it goes, if you may ask.

HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Instruction:
1. Heat oven to 350F . Grease and flour a 9 in. round baking pan. (I used half of the mixture for my cupcakes)
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or simply use a wooden ladle to mix it well. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for the cake and 15-20 minutes for the cupcakes.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instruction:
1. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.
2. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.

Note: I didn't follow the frosting above. I simply pour in the Hershey's syrup on top of it to speed up the whole process. What I really like to prepare is the chocolate ganache. Perhaps I could make one this weekend. Will keep you posted!


CHOCOLATE GANACHE

1 cup heavy cream
8 oz dark chocolate, chopped

Instructions:
1. Heat heavy cream in a small pot. Make sure not to let it boil. Once it begins to create tiny bubbles, remove from the stove.
2. Pour heavy cream into bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir and mix until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Let ganache cool. Set before putting it in a piping bag and frosting cupcakes.

***
Another option:
Place 2 cups (12-oz. package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Makes about 2 cups ganache.

Have a pleasant treat!

Chocolate Cupcakes

2 comments:

Chelo said...

lovely photos, and yummy recipes=) how do you find the time Leen? very nice=)

leen said...

Thank you! =) I'm a full time wifey now Chel. So I manage to do my fave stuffs at my convenience. (^_^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Catching Up

Recent Posts

About This Blog

A collection of what have transpired along the years with my trusted gadgets Ny and Cy, short for Niky and Cany.