Monday, January 31, 2011

Making Use to It

Everyday meals need not take so much time to make it a little special. I usually eat lunch at home and mind you cooking is not as easy as picking what to wear in the morning. But as time goes by I am slowly getting the feel of being an ASAP chef that I never thought I would.

I had an awesome Saturday last 29th of January. I woke up early to get ready for a short tennis rally with T and our good friend Jun. But before that I was filled with a hearty breakfast prepared by my hubby to make sure we'll last until lunch.

I left the court at 11:00 to prepare for lunch. As I scan through the contents of the ref my mind was processing how things will be done in the next few minutes. The result, I made two dishes and one soup.


SPINACH AND FETA OMELET

1. Fresh spinach cooked until it's wilted using a few butter. Chopped in big chunks then set aside.
2. Scrambled eggs mixed with a tablespoon of fresh milk.
4. Add Shredded almonds,Salt & Pepper to taste, and grated processed cheese.
5. Mix the egg mixture with the cooked spinach and topped with feta cheese then bake for 5 to 10 minutes in 250 degrees Celsius.

PUMPKIN SOUP

1. Slice pumpkin in cubes and boil in a water with salt, pepper and chicken cubes until tender. (I used chicken cubes in absence of chicken broth.)
2. Add milk, shredded almonds and place in a blender until smoothie like texture appears.

BAKED CHICKEN

1. Slice chicken fillet, mix with desired seasonings then bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius.

Voila! Three instant menus ala Jamie's 30 minutes meals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Catching Up

Recent Posts

About This Blog

A collection of what have transpired along the years with my trusted gadgets Ny and Cy, short for Niky and Cany.