Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Palio :: Little Italy in Khao Yai

I've been itching to travel to this place for a long time and finally the hub gave in to my request. We woke up a little late and did a quick google maps search before heading to our destination.

  • First stop, at the bus station in front of Future Park, Rangsit (near Tesco). T and I waited for quite a while for the bus to arrive from Bangkok. The Pakchong! trip costs us 108.00 Baht each for a 3 hours travel. Not bad huh? The only setback was, we can't stop if we see some interesting stuffs on the roadside. But the good thing is, we spent less for this trip because we only had a single destination!
It was a Buddhist holiday called Makha Bucha that day so as expected the roads where bit congested in few cities that we passed by. Yet we felt so much relaxed knowing it's all part of the adventure. We were seated at the end row and the bus was full packed with others standing in the middle aisle.

  • While in Pakchong! (exclamation point indicates the rising sound of chong! =) the locals can't fully understand if you say it in a monotone) we just walked backwards from Kasikorn Bank towards another short ride called Songtaew. A Songtaew is an open air type of transportation of either a pick-up truck or a delivery truck which can be found almost everywhere in Thailand. Within 15 minutes we arrived at our destination in Palio. Fare was just 25 Baht each, I guess.

Palio can be seen as a small village in the outside with each corners promising a beautiful treasure to be uncovered. It was such a lovely and romantic place akin to the picturesque Italy which I saw from the movie "Letters to Juliet". Finally, I have uttered the word... grazie (^_^) I know that was just the beginning of my Khao Yai travel affair. And more grazies are sure to come. Oh Lord, I pray that someone could drive us there next time. Promise I'll be a terrific tour-guide =) haha!

The weather was perfect that day. 2:30 pm at Palio, Khao Yai.

I fell in love with the windows and the blue sky. Obviously, I got my eyes on blues.

Took this one with the aide of a tripod.

At my fave shop, Jim Thompson! Care for tea?

Appreciating the view of a small piazza in front of us.

Thai Silk in its glory.

Window shopping for some wines and chocolates.

10 comments:

sharani joy said...

I love all your photos ate aileen... wait... I will ask my friend to drive us there and have photoshot... wanna learn more on photography... please....soon just wait...

Shutterfairy said...

pretty place...this is!

konsuy said...

wow, this is a very beautiful go to place. nice to see you both enjoying your time together as always.

leen said...

konsuy said...

wow, this is a very beautiful place to go. nice to see you both enjoying your time together as always.

***
it's nice to play hide and seek there coz of the small alleys. perfect for a family vacation, Ate. come na.. =)

leen said...

Shutterfairy said...

pretty place...this is!
***

i know what you're thinking... buzz me Mai when you're around. i read somewhere that you're headed to Cambodia. from the city go by bus to see Siem Reap then go straight to Bangkok by land trip tanan. sayon ra na nimo. i know you are an experienced backpacker.

leen said...

sharani joy said...

I love all your photos ate aileen... wait... I will ask my friend to drive us there and have photoshoot... wanna learn more on photography... please....soon just wait...
*****
sha, bohol misses you more! take loads of photos for me. you'll be back in no time. certainly the maniniyots will strike again! send our regards to your family =)

Jin Bui said...

SO nice place.I'm from Vietnam,wanna go there now.Did you have night in Palio or it was day trip?

Jin Bui said...

I'm from Vietnam,i'm planning to go Bangkok-Palio.Could you tell me how come back Bangkok from Palio?

Jin Bui said...

Hi!I'm from Vietnam.I'm planning to go Bangkok and Palio.But I don't know how to come back Bangkok from Palio.Could you give me some directions?Should i prefer going Koh Chang or Palio?
Do you have Facebook acc or Yahoo acc?
My FB acc : "Trường Chinh" and my Yahoo acc : jin.bui117

leen said...

Hi Jin Bui :) Sorry, it took me eons to reply.

Koh Chang and Palio are in opposite directions. For Palio you can take the van from Victory Monument in Bangkok to Khao Yai or Pak Chong!. Then Pak Chong! to Palio. Be sure to get the name & number of the van driver. For a day trip, make a reservation for your trip back to the city. An additional charge is applied for a special pick-up service in Palio. A roundtrip may cost you around 600 Baht each. If in group, it's rather more convenient to rent van.

Have a safe trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Catching Up

Recent Posts

About This Blog

A collection of what have transpired along the years with my trusted gadgets Ny and Cy, short for Niky and Cany.