Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Christmas Cookies 2010



Welcome the new addition to my experiments that is delightfully good in every bite. I actually got this recipe from my sister-in-law's Cinnamon Twist. With a little modification, I was able to make two new variety out of it --the strawberry and green tea cookies.

Original ingredients from the cinnamon twist:

1 cup sugar
½ cup butter or margarine (softened)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 375F (I set it to 175C initially and reduced to 150C for the next batches). Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir cinnamon into one half.
***

Now with my modified ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
½ cup butter or margarine (softened)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon/ strawberry + red food coloring /matcha + green food coloring

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Catching Up

Recent Posts

About This Blog

A collection of what have transpired along the years with my trusted gadgets Ny and Cy, short for Niky and Cany.